December 4, 2007

Driv(er)ing me crazy!!!!!!

I've been in Hyderabad for more than 2 years now and in that time my driver turnover count has hit 8. My last driver was with us for almost a year which means that in one year, we've had 7 drivers! How absurd is that? Due to the number of jobs available as office cabbies, a lot of these drivers just temp in home jobs and then quit (usually the day after their salary is paid out) without even saying a word. The worst part of it all is that most of them are not even good drivers. They've barely passed their drivers test but drive like Aryton Senna most of the time. And they love to chit chat! How important is it to my life which actor's house I'm passing by or whose poster is plastered on the walls? "Just drive", I want to say but don't want to sound too rude.

I sometimes wish I didn't have to depend on one but with the parking situation the way it is, thats an impossibility. My current driver isn't looking all that great either so I'm guessing by the end of the week the turnover count will hit 9.

Maybe that will turn out to be my lucky number.

No comments: