December 11, 2007

Paying for service

I'm so annoyed right now. And this is not the first time I'm annoyed about this. A phone line man (or whatever they're called) showed up at my house because I wanted a parallel connection in the other room for my broadband. It took him all of 2 minutes to connect it but he didn't leave right after. Like the rest of them, he waited scratching his head expecting me to pay him money (call it tips if you want) for doing his job! Isn't that why he is paid a salary? Over that, I have to pat him on his shoulder with a 100 bucks saying "good job"? How ridiculous is this situation? It only reaffirms my belief (after being in India for 2 years now) that there are certain things that cannot be changed. You have to either get with it or else be left crawling up the walls because what you need will not be done.

How sad.

No comments: