July 16, 2011

Adiosio!

Harry Potter came into my life as 4 free books when I joined Doubleday Book Club in 2001. 10 years later, all 7 have a safe place in my library, the last of which is the British edition (I will buy the American edition too, the set needs to be complete...whole...). I remember buying tickets well in advance for the first film and q'ing up with friends at the movies. I also remember going alone to the next 2 as I didn't have company :). Watched the next 4 at home. Became an owner of Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows Part 1 just 2 weeks ago.

One part of me couldn't wait to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. The other, no...it didn't want to go to the theater at all because that would mean that it would all be finished. With a friend for company and sporting 3D glasses for the first time, I watched the movie. And as I thought, I just didn't want it to end. It was so bloody good! Not much deviation from the book either. Simply superb effects and excellent soundtrack.

True magic...will miss it.


No comments: